We park everyday, but sometimes we forget the important things we need to do or know when parking, so here they are:
- Know your vehicle - if you're not yet accustomed to parking your car be sure to practise parking without cars near you.
- Signal - be sure to use your indicator lights to show where you are parking and always look around for traffic.
- Pull in slowly - it's not a race, you're just parking your car :)
- Line up your mirrors with the cars next to you - if there are cars next to you use them to judge your placement in the spot.
- Open your door and check - be sure that you're not taking up more than two spots, or parking over the line.